Monday, September 19, 2011

New Plan

For a long time, longer than I would like to admit, I've had some issues with my body image. Growing up in a world where the ideal body image is a girl that's 5'6" weighing in at a whopping 32 pounds is tough. Not just for me but for other girls, too.
This has lead to me having a bad outlook on my body, and on food as well.
I love food, don't get me wrong. But I've turned into the girl that thinks, "I shouldn't be eating this, it has 10987 calories and you'll regret it when you can't see your feet because your thighs are getting too big."
Now, obviously that's an over exaggeration but the idea is there.
I know, I know. I've heard it a thousand times, "You're tiny!"
I am, I agree. But I know where I feel comfortable with my body, and like the way I look. and I'm not there right now. I haven't been in a while.
I'm tired of not feeling good about my body.
I'm exhausted from food being the enemy and having a bad relationship with.
I'm done.
My friend McKella started a way of eating called Intuitive Eating.
When I met her at work she was (from my understanding) just getting into it and she ate really healthy things.
I was pretty jealous, by nature I'm a garbage gut. My favorite things in the world to eat together are soda and potato chips. I'm a sucker for them.
Anyway, by the end of the summer, McKella came to find that she had lost 23 pounds just by eating intuitively and exercising. That was over a 4 month time frame, which is pretty awesome.
Now, my main goal here is to get down to the weight I feel best about myself in. Don't worry, I'm that weight isn't 90 pounds.
I don't want to live the rest of my life like I have since middle school. I don't to be thinking about how I spent the rest of my life not happy about the body I'm stuck in. That would truly be a big regret I would carry with me for a long time.
So I'm going to try it.
I've got McKella's book on Intuitive Eating and I'm ready to start a quest on feeling better about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment