
So, Day 2 has been freaking amazing.
I've never been so proud of Kyle and all the hard work he's done.
I love that guy so much.
Today started out with us getting up around 6:45am.
I woke up to the GORGEOUS view outside, and was wide awake to see the sunrise.
It was phenomenal.
Next we got ready for the day, so we got showered and all dressed in business casual and headed up to the main part of the hotel (via tram) for breakfast.
We thought we were going to have pretty decent seats for breakfast, but were pretty sure our friends Jake and Pete were going to have much better seats than us, being they were seated at table 1 and we were at table 13.
So we walk in and we're front row. Not only are we front row, but we're front row, center.
Jake and Pete sitting at table 1? Yeah, they were over in the corner behind the speakers. :p
Long story short, we were STOKED.
Then we're looking around the table to see who we're sitting by and we happen to see the name tag of a Mrs. Loveanne Addison. (I'm not expecting you to know who that is.)
But I show it to Kyle and he freaks out, turns out we were going to be sitting at the table with the Co-CEO of Primerica and his wife!
Whaaaa?!
It was super cool, they had all of the upper-divison (BIG TIME) earners sitting with all the other people. So cool.
However, John Addison and his wife, Loveanne, didn't end up actually sitting at the table.
His wife did for his opening speech, but then they were nowhere to be seen. :/ Oh well.
The breakfast was great. Eggs, bacon, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, and a fruit and yogurt parfait. (: YUM
Then here comes the part that makes me so proud of Kyle.
We had a few opening speeches, then came recognition.
So everybody starts pushing their way up to the front of the stage and wheel out the green jackets.
I don't expect you to know what those are either.
So, I'll tell you. 150 people in the company (that were not brokers) win the competition to get these jackets.
KYLE WAS ONE OF THEM!!
So he gets called up on stage, collects his jacket, and comes back.
I'm fighting back proud tears the whole time.
He comes to the front of the stage to meet me and he has two jackets, which is kind of weird. I tell him, "Well what are you waiting for?! Put the jacket on!!"
So he puts on the first one and it's too small.
He puts on the second one and it's a little too big but fits way better than the first.
Then I start looking around and see all the couples that had received jackets, and realize that the women in the couple have their own jacket.
WHA!?
I got my own green jacket!!!! So cool. And it fits like a glove.
The rest of the speeches were really good and very motivational. I found a few things in them to help Kyle out when he's having off days. (Which is good, cuz sometimes I just don't know what to say. Now I do (: )
So the session breaks out and we decide to go to Palomino Island.
What's that, you ask?
Oh, it's just the island the resort owns!! NO BIG DEAL
We take the ferry out to it, and it's gorgeous. It has a little shop on it, a bar and grill, and, of course, gorgeous beaches.
We played in the ocean for a little while, the water was perfect.
Then we decided to go on an adventure.
Let me tell you, it was good. I hadn't been on an adventure in.... years. It was good.
We walked around a whole bunch of rocks and stuff. Found some cool things, and a secret beach.
On the way over, the cool things we found included:
A seashell (Looks like a mini conch)
A rock that looks like a golf ball
AND a piece of coral that looks like a penis (balls included.) Hilarious, right?
Well I thought so.
Hahaha
Then we went back to the resort and decide to hit up the water park.
We played in the lazy river, in the pool, and went down the water slides. Very fun.
Next we headed to the rooms to get cleaned up for dinner.
We get to the room and realize Kyle's ID is no longer in our bag.
Cool.
It must have fallen out when we were on Palomino Island.
:/
Still no luck on finding that, we called security.
But fear not, if we can't find it, the hotel has some paper he can fill out so the airlines will still let him on. *PHEW*
If we end up finding it, we'll let you know.
So we go to dinner and it was fantastic!
I had chicken alfredo, Kyle had a cheeseburger (very good), and Pete had a mushroom swiss burger. (: mmm
Now we're just chilling in our room, watching Spaceballs. :p
Not much on the agenda tonight for the Primericans (:
We're taking full advantage of that.
So that was day 2 of greatness.
I really wish I could upload some pictures, I'll get a new camera cord when I get home and post some pictures (:
'night all!
I've never been so proud of Kyle and all the hard work he's done.
I love that guy so much.
Today started out with us getting up around 6:45am.
I woke up to the GORGEOUS view outside, and was wide awake to see the sunrise.
It was phenomenal.
Next we got ready for the day, so we got showered and all dressed in business casual and headed up to the main part of the hotel (via tram) for breakfast.
We thought we were going to have pretty decent seats for breakfast, but were pretty sure our friends Jake and Pete were going to have much better seats than us, being they were seated at table 1 and we were at table 13.
So we walk in and we're front row. Not only are we front row, but we're front row, center.
Jake and Pete sitting at table 1? Yeah, they were over in the corner behind the speakers. :p
Long story short, we were STOKED.
Then we're looking around the table to see who we're sitting by and we happen to see the name tag of a Mrs. Loveanne Addison. (I'm not expecting you to know who that is.)
But I show it to Kyle and he freaks out, turns out we were going to be sitting at the table with the Co-CEO of Primerica and his wife!
Whaaaa?!
It was super cool, they had all of the upper-divison (BIG TIME) earners sitting with all the other people. So cool.
However, John Addison and his wife, Loveanne, didn't end up actually sitting at the table.
His wife did for his opening speech, but then they were nowhere to be seen. :/ Oh well.
The breakfast was great. Eggs, bacon, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, and a fruit and yogurt parfait. (: YUM
Then here comes the part that makes me so proud of Kyle.
We had a few opening speeches, then came recognition.
So everybody starts pushing their way up to the front of the stage and wheel out the green jackets.
I don't expect you to know what those are either.
So, I'll tell you. 150 people in the company (that were not brokers) win the competition to get these jackets.
KYLE WAS ONE OF THEM!!
So he gets called up on stage, collects his jacket, and comes back.
I'm fighting back proud tears the whole time.
He comes to the front of the stage to meet me and he has two jackets, which is kind of weird. I tell him, "Well what are you waiting for?! Put the jacket on!!"
So he puts on the first one and it's too small.
He puts on the second one and it's a little too big but fits way better than the first.
Then I start looking around and see all the couples that had received jackets, and realize that the women in the couple have their own jacket.
WHA!?
I got my own green jacket!!!! So cool. And it fits like a glove.
The rest of the speeches were really good and very motivational. I found a few things in them to help Kyle out when he's having off days. (Which is good, cuz sometimes I just don't know what to say. Now I do (: )
So the session breaks out and we decide to go to Palomino Island.
What's that, you ask?
Oh, it's just the island the resort owns!! NO BIG DEAL
We take the ferry out to it, and it's gorgeous. It has a little shop on it, a bar and grill, and, of course, gorgeous beaches.
We played in the ocean for a little while, the water was perfect.
Then we decided to go on an adventure.
Let me tell you, it was good. I hadn't been on an adventure in.... years. It was good.
We walked around a whole bunch of rocks and stuff. Found some cool things, and a secret beach.
On the way over, the cool things we found included:
A seashell (Looks like a mini conch)
A rock that looks like a golf ball
AND a piece of coral that looks like a penis (balls included.) Hilarious, right?
Well I thought so.
Hahaha
Then we went back to the resort and decide to hit up the water park.
We played in the lazy river, in the pool, and went down the water slides. Very fun.
Next we headed to the rooms to get cleaned up for dinner.
We get to the room and realize Kyle's ID is no longer in our bag.
Cool.
It must have fallen out when we were on Palomino Island.
:/
Still no luck on finding that, we called security.
But fear not, if we can't find it, the hotel has some paper he can fill out so the airlines will still let him on. *PHEW*
If we end up finding it, we'll let you know.
So we go to dinner and it was fantastic!
I had chicken alfredo, Kyle had a cheeseburger (very good), and Pete had a mushroom swiss burger. (: mmm
Now we're just chilling in our room, watching Spaceballs. :p
Not much on the agenda tonight for the Primericans (:
We're taking full advantage of that.
So that was day 2 of greatness.
I really wish I could upload some pictures, I'll get a new camera cord when I get home and post some pictures (:
'night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment