HOLY SOCKS, YOU GUYS!
This place is awesome!!!
Let's talk about the plane rides, awesome. Short. Loved it.
And I slept on the plane ride, no problem.
Then, we get to Puerto Rico.
As soon as we step off the plane all you can feel is your skin soaking up all the moisture in the air.
Then we get on the buses to take us up to the resort.
The ride up to the resort was kind of long (probably because we were so excited to get there after minimal sleep, and way too much excitement.)
The ride up was so incredible, the streets were blocks of a slightly beat up house, next to a nice house, next to a jungle. Not kidding. It's gorgeous.
Then we get up to the resort.
I almost peed when I saw this thing.
The first thing you see when you come up is a golf course that's probably the entire size of UVU campus. HUGE.
If not bigger than that.
Then we get up to the resort.
HOLY. WOW.
I've never seen such a beautiful thing.
This resort is divided into three (count em) three sections.
The main floor is where the realllllly rich people can afford to stay.
Then the second section is where the slightly less rich people stay.
The third section is where the slightly less than those people stay.
But don't discount that for what it is, our room is like $400 a night to stay in.
It's pretty fancy, too.
So we get to the check in, I've called my bank to make sure that my card is going to work over here. We get to the front desk to pay the deposit $200 (OUCH) and ta-dah! My card doesn't work. Awesome.
I start crying because I'm tired, hungry, and just want to get changed into clean clothes and brush my teeth, and we're $100 short for the deposit.
The lady at the front desk was super nice and somehow waived the other $100, so we didn't have to pay it.
*Phew* Crisis averted.
By this time, it's almost 5:00, this time meaning the time we get to our room finally.
So we decide to take showers, and get ready for the dinner.
So we do, and we hang out for a little while before the dinner starts, just checking out the resort.
We go to the water park.
We go to one of the seven pools, where we saw an Iguana probably the size of me decide to take a dip into the pool. He just swam around the kids in the pool.
We saw two kitties. (I'm contemplating taking them home. :p)
And then we head up to dinner.
Wow.
What a buffet. Mahi-Mahi, pork, chicken, steak.
Salad with mango salsa, black bean and corn salsa.
Flour pockets. (I don't know what exactly they were, but they were good.)
At least 8 different deserts.
Sheesh.
They had all kinds of activities, like doing a little photoshoot, getting caricatures, and all sorts of stuff.
We got a caricature of Kyle and me as Romeo and Juliet, super funny.
Then the boys went and walked around the casino for a little while.
And now we're in our room, all ready for bed.
(Well, at least I am. I'm beat.)
Goodnight, all!
This place is awesome!!!
Let's talk about the plane rides, awesome. Short. Loved it.
And I slept on the plane ride, no problem.
Then, we get to Puerto Rico.
As soon as we step off the plane all you can feel is your skin soaking up all the moisture in the air.
Then we get on the buses to take us up to the resort.
The ride up to the resort was kind of long (probably because we were so excited to get there after minimal sleep, and way too much excitement.)
The ride up was so incredible, the streets were blocks of a slightly beat up house, next to a nice house, next to a jungle. Not kidding. It's gorgeous.
Then we get up to the resort.
I almost peed when I saw this thing.
The first thing you see when you come up is a golf course that's probably the entire size of UVU campus. HUGE.
If not bigger than that.
Then we get up to the resort.
HOLY. WOW.
I've never seen such a beautiful thing.
This resort is divided into three (count em) three sections.
The main floor is where the realllllly rich people can afford to stay.
Then the second section is where the slightly less rich people stay.
The third section is where the slightly less than those people stay.
But don't discount that for what it is, our room is like $400 a night to stay in.
It's pretty fancy, too.
So we get to the check in, I've called my bank to make sure that my card is going to work over here. We get to the front desk to pay the deposit $200 (OUCH) and ta-dah! My card doesn't work. Awesome.
I start crying because I'm tired, hungry, and just want to get changed into clean clothes and brush my teeth, and we're $100 short for the deposit.
The lady at the front desk was super nice and somehow waived the other $100, so we didn't have to pay it.
*Phew* Crisis averted.
By this time, it's almost 5:00, this time meaning the time we get to our room finally.
So we decide to take showers, and get ready for the dinner.
So we do, and we hang out for a little while before the dinner starts, just checking out the resort.
We go to the water park.
We go to one of the seven pools, where we saw an Iguana probably the size of me decide to take a dip into the pool. He just swam around the kids in the pool.
We saw two kitties. (I'm contemplating taking them home. :p)
And then we head up to dinner.
Wow.
What a buffet. Mahi-Mahi, pork, chicken, steak.
Salad with mango salsa, black bean and corn salsa.
Flour pockets. (I don't know what exactly they were, but they were good.)
At least 8 different deserts.
Sheesh.
They had all kinds of activities, like doing a little photoshoot, getting caricatures, and all sorts of stuff.
We got a caricature of Kyle and me as Romeo and Juliet, super funny.
Then the boys went and walked around the casino for a little while.
And now we're in our room, all ready for bed.
(Well, at least I am. I'm beat.)
Goodnight, all!
I want to read about the PR adventures, but can't read that text on that background. Have mercy on these old eyes. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! This all sounds so amazing.. and it's only day one?!
ReplyDelete