Just thought I'd take a moment to jot down what my resolution is for 2013.
**Get closer to God**
But not in the typical, go to church, way.
But not in the typical, go to church, way.
I'm the kind of person that is scared away by the idea of religion.
Meaning if someone suggests I should go to church I usually end up running and screaming away from the idea. I don't like going to church. I don't like the pressure I feel when I go by the others that have been there longer than me.
Any time I tell someone that I'm thinking about the idea, they suggest I go to church with them and then I don't want to go for it anymore.
So this is a small plea; just let me do this my way. If I want more help, I'll ask for it.
(:
No harsh feelings toward any religion, I'm just going to do this the way that works best for me.
So the question is: Destinee, how are you going to get closer to God?
Answer: The Bible
I'm doing pretty well so far. I've resolved to read 10 verses every night. Not too daunting of a task.
How did all of this come about?
Funnily enough: church
Every year on Christmas Eve my mom and I go to the Grace Church that's just down the road for their Christmas Eve program.
It's a Non-Denominational Christian Church.
They always put on such a great program, and inevitably I always end up crying during O Holy Night.
The suggestion that Pastor Dan put up for everyone was, if you're ready, let God into your life. If you're ready.
I've always been interested in getting closer, but due to the explanation above, I haven't.
So here it is.
I have such a peace about it.
I'm positive this is a resolution I can keep up on.
Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment