I'm really glad to be where I am in life. Like, really.
I think about where I would be if I had stayed in Kamas and had gone to the Wasatch Campus.
All the people I never would have met, all the places I never would have gone.
I think about what would have happened had I not met Kyle.
I'd be without a car a few times in the past, I'd be down a best friend, and I'd be who knows where with who know doing who knows what.
Not to discount the people that have gotten married and are pregnant or any variation of the two, but I'm glad I'm not married. I'm REALLY glad I'm not pregnant at the moment. However, I hold people that are in the highest respect, they are a lot more mature than I am. That kind of commitment is something that I'm not ready for. Kudos to you for having the maturity level that apparently I lack.
I'm glad life has taken me to where I am.
I like my house. I like my car. I like my roommates. I like my cat (most of the time.)
I'm really happy. I really like that I'm not married. I'm glad I'm with Kyle and I'm glad I know one of these days I'll be married to him, but right now it's not a big deal.
I'm glad that things haven't worked out to where we couldn't get engaged or anything soon. I wasn't ready for a long time to even think about being engaged. I'm still not quite there yet. I'm glad that things between the two of us have panned out the way they have.
I know that the Old Man upstairs has got a plan for me.
And I'm liking where he's going. He built me tough, so he knows I can handle anything he throws at me.
I'm also thankful in a way that it took me 3 years to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up.
Had it not worked out the way it did, I maybe never would have met Kyle.
Had I taken general classes in high school like everyone else, I might not be right here, right now, in this house, with a sleepy happy kitty on my lap.
Even the smallest change in the past could propel me in a completely different direction. Maybe it would be better than what I've got going on now. But then again, maybe it would be worse.
Who knows?
Who cares?!
I don't!
If I had the opportunity to go back and say something, do something, go somewhere different, I wouldn't do it. Because life is awesome.
And I'm happy right where I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment