Thursday, January 12, 2012

Normalcy

I'm finally starting to feel normal again.
School started on Monday, and I'm actually glad to be back.
My classes are great!
This semester: ASL 2020 (The final ASL course I take before it's just straight up teaching things about ASL in ASL. No grammar, just history and facts)
I'm also taking ASL 3050, Linguistics of ASL. Pretty cool so far.
Race and Minorities (My final sociology class).
My teacher for the class is hilarious! He's Chinese and he makes really bad jokes. He thinks they're hilarious, and that makes him laugh, and I end up laughing at how hard he's laughing at his not really very funny jokes.
The best one I can remember from the first day of class was, "If you do not try in this class you will receive a 'wet' grade. Do you know what a 'wet' grade is?........ It's a grade below 'C' Level.".
Get it? He laughed so hard.
And finally, my Script and Text Analysis class.
It's going to be a really cool class. We got to decide how the class would be run, as far as attendance, late work, homework, cell phone policy, and other things that the teacher usually decides for ourselves.
It was really cool! And I'm super excited about the plays were' going to read this semester for it. My teacher's really cool.
Overall it's going to be a good semester, I think.
Another cool thing about school. In total, I spent probably $71 total on textbooks.
How many books did I buy for that price? 6.
I feel cool.
If you guys need a good website for textbooks, go to bigwords.com. You won't be disappointed.
In other news,
I got my car payment switched over to one payment a month instead of two, which gives me a little more money in my first paycheck of the month.
Zumba makes me really happy, and I feel so much better after I go. I feel like my mood has improved quite a bit since I started.
Samson's hair is starting to grow back more so, he's got about 1/2 an inch or so of hair.
He still looks pretty weird, but not nearly as weird as he did when he first came home.
He's less snuggly than he was when he came home from the vet. I think the biggest reason he was so snuggly was because he was cold and I was warm,but I cherished it nonetheless.
I'm thinking within a month his hair should be back to normal.
So yeah. Probably not the most exciting post in the world.
But at least things are back to normal.
And that's the best thing in the world to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment