Friday, December 9, 2011

PHEW!

When the going gets tough.
The tough get a journal to log all of their emotions.
What a crazy month.
I've never been so overwhelmed in all my days.
Not overwhelmed in a bad way all the time.
But between the fleas, studying for tests, and everything else in between it's been a hell of a month.
Let's start with the bad news:
1. My bank account looks pretty sad.
2. My cat had to be shaved in a last desperate attempt to be rid of the fleas.
3. Rachael's car broke down and we'll be hard pressed to find a mechanic that won't charge an arm and a leg.
4. I think with all of the flea baths and not being able to keep him near a heater because he was afraid of them after his baths, he might be getting a little cold. So I'm keeping an eye on him. If he needs to go to the vet, I've got the money for it.
And the big one...
5. Our house flooded.
You heard right. The house flooded.
The sprinkler main wasn't drained before the ground froze, so the lines broke and spewed icy water into Rachael's room, then into the bathroom, then into my room.
By the time I got home, my room was a swimming pool.
Literally.
There was an island of carpet that had bubbled up and wasn't quite wet, but the rest of my carpet in my room was soaked. Shoes, bedding, books, power strips (eek!) and other things were totally soaked.
Along with my face when I came home and saw the damage.
I got off pretty easy when it comes to damage though, Rachael lost about 30 paintings. Then the restoration guys accidentally broke her antique tea set. And an antique vase.
Brad's amp for his guitar was in the house and that got water in it.
So in comparison, I came out alright.
But it's the fact that I had JUST BARELY gotten all of my laundry done and my bedding finally clean from the flea epidemic that really ruffles my feathers. I had slept in my bed a total of 3 nights before my house was quarantined. Boooo. Hisss.
But amongst all of the bad news, there is some good news.
1. Not very much of my stuff was ruined.
2. The fleas (without a doubt) are gone from the house. If there were any remainders, there aren't now.
3. Samson is finally flea free. He's a naked, wrinkly, awkward-to-look-at cat right now, but there's not fleas on that boy.
4. We have somewhere to stay. Kyle's mom came to our rescue that night and took all of us in, dogs, cats, and the people.
5. I finally have time to get my severely past-due laundry done. Since we had to wash everything all over again, we figured we might as well grab the stuff that was put on hold to wash all of the other flea-ridden stuff.
6. School is almost over, and that means I'll have more time to spend with my naked weird kitty, and Kyle.
7. Christmas is just around the corner.
8. Though my financial situation isn't ideal, this is temporary. And I'm actually pretty good at handling my money. And I rarely get to the point when I don't have enough money to come out okay in the end. God has (99.9% of the time) given me enough money to make it until next payday. For that I'm thankful.
Things will look up. I know they will. It's gotta get bad before it gets good. With all the bad that's happened lately, there better be a ridiculously big amount of good headed our way. I think we've worked pretty hard for it. And the fact that we've been able to refrain from going completely insane during the whole thing is a pretty big blessing in itself.
Everything turns out okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment