Boy can life throw you some curveballs sometimes.
I never in a million years would have thought that I would go through the things that I've gone through this year.
It's been quite a year, not just for me but for a lot of my friends and family. My friends lost loved ones, relationships trembled, my cat got fleas.
If I've learned one thing through the whole flea thing is I will never buy a long or medium haired cat. ever. again.
They are impossible to get the fleas off of.
Granted, this is just the life of having a pet, they get sick. They're expensive, they're a lot of things. But their love makes it all worth it.
Samson's been quarantined to the bathroom the last little while, and it makes for sleepless nights for him, me, and mostly Brad and Rachael who sleep right next to the bathroom. I feel terrible for everyone. I feel bad that he sits in there alone all day and cries. I feel bad that Rachael is home most of the day and has to sit at home and hear him cry all day and all night.
It's hard not to get frustrated at the owner of the pet when something like this happens. But Rachael has been very understanding. I wish I was more knowledgeable about fleas so I could kick the issue faster, but I don't know much. Baths, drops, collars, combs of the flea variety haven't worked. We're all on our last leg. I apologize to everyone involved.
It seems like the last 2 weeks, my life has taken quite a turn. It's been a lot of downs, but it's had its ups, too.
I'm just trying to keep in mind that God is teaching me a lesson right now, and I need to be as patient as I can be, for he will show me the reason to all of this mess eventually. Maybe not today, maybe not this year, but I'll see it eventually.
I'm being patient, but I can't wait for all of this to be over. Finals are coming up and I don't want to have this all happening when finals start. Just the last 2 weeks of school is stressful enough. I hope the Frontline flea drops I bought fix the problem. I hope, I hope, I hope.
If they dont' work, we're going to be taking Samson to the vets to get groomed. Bathed and shaved.
That will be the last straw. If this doesn't fix the problem, I don't know what will or what I'll do.
Please say your prayers that this will all be resolved soon. For me, for Samson, and for Brad and Rachael who are losing sleep and patience. (Along with the rest of us.)
At this point I feel like prayers and a bath are our last resorts, so the more prayers the merrier.
Thanks, guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment