Sunday, November 20, 2011

Awesome!

Sometimes you just need a little sign from "the gods" if you will to show you you're going in the right way.
Today I had an apsotrophe. (I know, I know, it's epiphany. Play on words. Sometimes I try to be funny.)
Intuitive Eating really works! I already had the faith. I knew it worked because of the success I've seen McKella had had, but today was one of those days that I really saw a positive change in my eating habits. I have those at least once a day, but they're usually progressive. For instance, I'll notice that I'm not as stuffed as I usually am after I eat, I'm beginning to eat less.
However, today was a totally different epiphany.
Potato chips are my vice. I can sit down with a bag of potato chips and eat almost the whole bag in one sitting. Usually afterward I feel heavy, fat, and overall pretty badly about myself. "I almost ate an entire bag of potato chips. How many calories did I just eat?"
But today I bought a bag of potato chips, came home and ate about 10 chips and stopped because I was satisfied. I put a paper clip on them and totally forgot about them. HOLD THE PRESSES. This has never happened to me before. Ever.
It was such a wonderful feeling to see that the positive change I've been wanting to happen is actually happening. I feel so good.
I'm still noticing some very positive changes in my eating habits and in my body. For example, my belly is still getting flatter. I'm drinking water like it's going out of style and it's still not because I want to, it's because it's the only thing that sounds good. I'll drink the occasional soda, but I dislike the feeling it gives me after I drink it. I feel bloated, the best way to describe it is I feel like the marshmallow man from the Ghostbusters movie is having a dance party in my belly after I drink a soda. I still overeat occasionally, this week especially for some reason. I think it has something to do with the stress I've got going on in school and stuff. But overall I'm doing really well.
I'll never go on a diet, I'll never "watch what I eat" or anything like that again. The word diet puts a bad taste in my mouth, it's like it's become a bad word to me or something.
I'm so thankful for McKella. For meeting her, for becoming her friend, and for her showing me this book. I'm lucky to have her. She's a truly wonderful person inside and out. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment