Well guys,
Today has been pretty stinking awesome.
Lots of things have been looking up the last little while.
New car: Check
New apartment: Check
And finally
Sold old car: Check!
Today I sold Elvis!!!! I think he's going to like his new home.
The guy I sold it to was one that really looked at my car in its true shape.
I think he saw how well taken care of that car was.
He was the only one that offered me the full amount on it.
That let me know he was serious about getting it, and it made me feel like he was really going to take care of.
At least I hope he will.
I was at work the whole time this sale was taking place.
But Gary, Kyle, and Tammy were there to rescue me (again.)
What good people they are.
But that car didn't go without a fight.
Let me tell you.
First things first.
A whole flock of guys show up, not one of them spoke English.
That was a problem because I'm not very good at Spanish and they're not very good at English.
Massive barrier.
They offered me $500.
Then this teenager shows up and he's a good kid and he said he'll offer me $500.
BUT they both want to see if the car will start.
This is the part where my car throws a fit and makes me look like a doof.
First thing: The battery is dead because the car had the trunk involuntarily popped from the accident.
With no way to get it closed it died.
No problem. Just kidding. Problem.
The battery we tried to start my car with isn't quite buff enough.
Plus, it's out of gas because we syphoned (sp?) the gas out of it to put in the rental so I wasn't out a full tank of gas.
So we put gas in it.
And we hook it up to a running car.
Elvis will NOT start at all. Not even turn over, not even that weak and pathetic whimper noise it makes when it's trying to start.
Here's the part where I look like an idiot after talking this car up while we waited for the gas to get there.
*Sigh*
So we can't get it started, so the flock of men leave.
And the kid with the money tells us to call him when we get the car started.
We keep trying. This whole time we've got Gary on the phone (who is at work at the time) asking if he knows what's wrong with the car.
It's the starter switch. (Whatever that is.)
Gary gets off work and we're all trying to push everything we had planned for the day (including me and work) so we can get this car sold.
I told work I'd be in at 2:30 and it's now 2:05.
I sign the bill of sale and the title, not knowing who's going to buy this car. But hoping someone will.
OH, ps. All of this was taking place while we were having a garage sale.
I've been up since 5:30. No biggie. :/
I posted this car on KSL while at the Garage sale just to see if I got a few bites along the way.
The garage sale turned out to be kind of a bust, so I'm glad I did.
I got a few people interested. I was impressed with the few that did contact me. With the exception of one that wanted me to drive the car to him...... when the car has no brake lights. Not happening.
Anyway. The guy that bought the car actually did see my ad on KSL.
He called.
I gave him the address, and the rest is history!
I'm so glad it's getting sold.
I'm glad it wasn't a hassle and a half getting it sold, (other than my car getting stage fright)
and I'm glad it doesn't have to be an eye sore in front of Kyle's parents' house anymore.
(I'm sure they are too.)
So I guess in a sense I was the one that made the most money at the garage sale.
However, had I not been selling a car, my total for everything I sold at the sale would be a whopping $8.50
(:
I'll miss you, Elvis.
Take care of yourself, you stud.
No comments:
Post a Comment