Wow. What a week. I need to talk about something happy.
So let's talk about how awesome my classes are this semester!
Theatre 1013.
Cool class. Not what I was expecting. It's like the basics
of theatre, meaning like what it is. There's no acting or anything. Well,
there is a little bit. Like we have to write our own 10 minute play. But
that's it. It's a lot of reading in the book. But it's cool. I definitely
see why we have to take it as a theatre minor.
Astrononmy.
I love this class. I've always been fascinated with the stars
and all that jazz. Getting to take a class about them and actually
getting credit for it? Cool. It's with one of my favorite teachers, too.
I took a class from him like a year ago, Life in the Universe. Coolest
class offered at UVU, hands down. When I saw that he was teaching an
astronomy class I jumped on it. It's in the planetarium (that's right,
UVu has a planetarium.) and that would be freaking awesome except for the
fact that the seats are sooooooo comfortable. Probably the most comfortable seats at UVU. And the room is warm. And it's dark in there so you can use
the projector....I think you know where I'm going with this. I haven't
fallen asleep yet. But it's early in the semester. I'm not expecting
myself to, but sometimes I'm tired. I'll let you know if I make it through
the whole semester without falling asleep. I think I deserve a cookie
if I make it.
ASL.
Psh. Do I even need to go into how cool this class is? I think not.
But I will anyway. I love my major so much. Seriously, I'm so excited to be as good as all of the interpreters out there. I know I can do it. My class is TEENY TINY. Like, there are seven of us in the class. I know. Little. But it's good. Makes for more one-on-one time for us students. It's a
new language, I think it's best if we can ask specific questions. He lets
us do that. He teaches at BYU, too. Super cool guy. It's so weird to
have a class with him and then compare him to my previous ASL teacher. My
1010 teacher was deaf (as is my current teacher) but when she was growing
up, she was forced to talk. So she was actually quite vocal in class.
Always making noises and she'd make a noise to call your attention at the
beginning of class. For a deaf teacher, she was pretty noisy :p My new
teacher, he's very quiet. I think I've only heard him make a sound maybe
twice. class is so quiet. Not that that's a bad thing. Just a change.
I've always thought it was fun to walk by the ASL classes and hear
students laughing at a joke the teacher made. Just sounds like they're
in the classroom just laughing at nothing. Till you get into the classroom. It's just cool. I love my major. I'll say it again. It's incredible to me
that i can sign sentences. Like, I can ask you how your mom is, what
your favorite candy is, tell you what I did last week.... all kinds of
stuff. All of that in a semester and a 1/4 of another one! Freaking cool.
Sociology.
OH man, my teacher is a kick. She's the funniest lady in the
world. She says things like "Holy toot" and that cracks me up. she's a
great lady. She been a foster mom, and a real mom. She has a lot of kids.
Love that class. The environment of the classroom is awesome, everyone
talks and contributes. Even the teacher says we're her favorite class
to teach. Like, today in class we talked about "floating." For those
living in Provo/Orem, you might know what that BYU- coined term means.
For those of you that don't, feel free to ask me about me in person.
Haha
So yeah, classes are awesome. I'm expecting some killer grades. (:
Ps. I have a new follower!!! Wheeeeee! Hi, Rachael!
So let's talk about how awesome my classes are this semester!
Theatre 1013.
Cool class. Not what I was expecting. It's like the basicsof theatre, meaning like what it is. There's no acting or anything. Well,
there is a little bit. Like we have to write our own 10 minute play. But
that's it. It's a lot of reading in the book. But it's cool. I definitely
see why we have to take it as a theatre minor.
Astrononmy.
I love this class. I've always been fascinated with the starsand all that jazz. Getting to take a class about them and actually
getting credit for it? Cool. It's with one of my favorite teachers, too.
I took a class from him like a year ago, Life in the Universe. Coolest
class offered at UVU, hands down. When I saw that he was teaching an
astronomy class I jumped on it. It's in the planetarium (that's right,
UVu has a planetarium.) and that would be freaking awesome except for the
fact that the seats are sooooooo comfortable. Probably the most comfortable seats at UVU. And the room is warm. And it's dark in there so you can use
the projector....I think you know where I'm going with this. I haven't
fallen asleep yet. But it's early in the semester. I'm not expecting
myself to, but sometimes I'm tired. I'll let you know if I make it through
the whole semester without falling asleep. I think I deserve a cookie
if I make it.
ASL.
Psh. Do I even need to go into how cool this class is? I think not.But I will anyway. I love my major so much. Seriously, I'm so excited to be as good as all of the interpreters out there. I know I can do it. My class is TEENY TINY. Like, there are seven of us in the class. I know. Little. But it's good. Makes for more one-on-one time for us students. It's a
new language, I think it's best if we can ask specific questions. He lets
us do that. He teaches at BYU, too. Super cool guy. It's so weird to
have a class with him and then compare him to my previous ASL teacher. My
1010 teacher was deaf (as is my current teacher) but when she was growing
up, she was forced to talk. So she was actually quite vocal in class.
Always making noises and she'd make a noise to call your attention at the
beginning of class. For a deaf teacher, she was pretty noisy :p My new
teacher, he's very quiet. I think I've only heard him make a sound maybe
twice. class is so quiet. Not that that's a bad thing. Just a change.
I've always thought it was fun to walk by the ASL classes and hear
students laughing at a joke the teacher made. Just sounds like they're
in the classroom just laughing at nothing. Till you get into the classroom. It's just cool. I love my major. I'll say it again. It's incredible to me
that i can sign sentences. Like, I can ask you how your mom is, what
your favorite candy is, tell you what I did last week.... all kinds of
stuff. All of that in a semester and a 1/4 of another one! Freaking cool.
Sociology.
OH man, my teacher is a kick. She's the funniest lady in theworld. She says things like "Holy toot" and that cracks me up. she's a
great lady. She been a foster mom, and a real mom. She has a lot of kids.
Love that class. The environment of the classroom is awesome, everyone
talks and contributes. Even the teacher says we're her favorite class
to teach. Like, today in class we talked about "floating." For those
living in Provo/Orem, you might know what that BYU- coined term means.
For those of you that don't, feel free to ask me about me in person.
Haha
So yeah, classes are awesome. I'm expecting some killer grades. (:
Ps. I have a new follower!!! Wheeeeee! Hi, Rachael!
No comments:
Post a Comment