Well, it finally happened.
I'M ENGAGED!
After all of the comments of "When are you guys getting married?" and "Why aren't you engaged yet?!", Kyle proposed. (:
And it's a beauty!
What's funny is Kyle's had this ring for about a year and a half. (I asked him to tell me the whole story after he had proposed.) I had a feeling that he had it, but I was never sure. Every time I would bring up the ring he'd brush it off and say, "What ring?"
Here's how we came upon this ring in particular.
Kyle's mom and I were talking a looooooooooooong time ago about what kind of rings I liked. I pulled up just google images of rings and stumble upon this ring
source
and my jaw hit the floor.
and my jaw hit the floor.
I found Verragio's website and spent a good hour and a half looking at rings. I told Kyle that if I got to pick out the engagement ring, I'd like it to be a Verragio one because they were so unique and pretty.
Fast forward a while.
Kyle was walking around the mall one day and went into Shubach Jewelers and asked they had any rings by Verragio. They showed Kyle a few styles and then he came home and told me he had found some. There isn't a store in Utah, so I thought we'd have to go do Idaho or something to look at rings. Kyle asked if we wanted to go look at them just for fun. So we went.
I tried on a ring that was VERY similar to the one above, but when I tried it on, it just didn't look very good on my finger. Then the associate pulled out the first one, I tried it on and just kept going back to it. It just looked good on my finger. I told Kyle that it was the one.
Shubach ended up having a sale in December of 2010 and the associate told us to come back for a deal on the ring. We went and took Kyle's mom, his stepdad, and his two little brothers with us.
I'll be honest; I didn't think this ring was going to happen. They said it was the last ring they had like this one and Verragio wasn't making this style anymore. (Trust me, I don't think they do. I've looked on their website a few hundred times for something similar)
I guess in January of 2011 the associate that showed us the ring called Kyle and said they were having a sale. Kyle went in and put a down payment on the ring.
He's been hiding it in sneaky places since then.
Fast forward about a year.
Kyle brings up the idea for us to go on a road trip to California. It had been a rough year for the both of us (2011) with family stuff going on so we thought the vacation would do some good for us.
I suggest while we're on our way to California, why don't we take the Reno way to Cali and go see my mom. Kyle decided that was a good idea.
Kyle also decided while we were in Nevada he was going to ask permission from my mom to marry me.
So we get to Nevada, get settled in for the night and I go to get in the shower.
While I'm in the shower, Kyle pulls out the ring, shows it to my mom, and asks if he can marry.
From what I heard from her and Kyle, her eyes almost fell out of her head, she gave Kyle a hug, told him yes, and then took the ring in to show my sister.
So now the day he proposes comes along. . . .
We got up and got ready after spending the night at Kyle's uncle's house.
While we were filling up at the gas station Kyle said that he wanted to take Highway 1 some of the way because it goes right along the coast. I sighed a little because I just didn't want to be in the car for the extra some odd hours that it would take us to go that way instead of the 101. But I submitted.
I fell asleep on the way and woke up and we were close to the ocean!
Little did we know that Highway 101 meets up with Highway 1 and goes right along the coast.
Kyle decides to pull off at Pismo Beach.
We parked the car, took off our shoes, and walked along the beach.
Kyle suggested that we go up to the pier and walk on it.
So we headed up, stopping along the way to watch the waves break and to watch the surfers try to catch the waves.
Then we walked to the end of the pier and just snuggled and listened to the ocean.
I was STARVING and there was a little farmer's market going on at the start of the pier so I started to say after some time of snuggling, "Okay, let's go."
Kyle then said, "Destinee? (Got down on his knee) Will you marry me?"
I got a little teary eyed, didn't even say yes, just nodded my head like a deranged bobble head and hugged him.
We started to head back to the beginning of the pier and then realized I hadn't taken any pictures of afterward!!! So we ran back and took this
We walked back to the pier. I wasn't hungry anymore, but there was a car show in town!
So we walked around the car show. Kyle looked at all the shiny cars, I was too busy looking at the shiny rock.
We got back in the car, I called my mom and left her a voicemail that was mostly me screaming.
Texted all my friends and family, and then updated my status on the faceplace with the answer to everyone's question: We got engaged today.
My phone continued to blow up with posts and texts for the next 2 days.
No date has been set, we're not really in any hurry. I'm going to start saving and buying things that are on sale so when we do decide to really start planning we're not overwhelmed with things to buy.
But we'll just tackle the wedding planning just like we have our relationship; when we're ready.



No comments:
Post a Comment