Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Intuitive Eating Update

I realized it's been a really long time since I've done an intuitive eating blog post.
It's been pretty tough lately. I've been wanting to over eat a lot. 
I've acknowledged that I am over eating. 
But I'm noticing that it's taking a negative effect on me.
I'm pretty sluggish.
I haven't been able to go to Zumba since last Friday, and that's been taking its toll on me in my feeling of sluggish-ness. BUT the good news is I get to go on Friday morning.That will help my mood.
I'm starting to take notice of the things that don't make my body feel very good.
Case in point, soda is bad news. I feel so bloated for like 4 days after drinking soda.
I've been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and that's been making me feel bloated, too. 
I'm overall just trying to readjust my whole eating habits. 
I've probably saved $50 a month from not eating out and not buying soda. 
I feel good on the inside, but I still feel bloated. 
It's rubbing off on my self confidence, but I'm trying not to let it.
In with all of the negative emotions I've been feeling, I've had some pretty great things happen to my body.
I've noticed my calf muscles are getting more definition. I haven't seen them take a shape since Guys & Dolls. My stomach (when it's not bloated) is getting flatter.
One of the best things about intuitive eating is the outcome it's had on my wardrobe.
I wore a skirt to school a couple of weeks ago because I had a presentation in class. 
About this time last year I wore the same skirt. 
It was tight and SUPER uncomfortable. If I wore it around my waist it was too tight, if I wore it around my hips it was too tight and gave me love handles.
When I put it on for school it fit nicely around my waist.
And the best part was I pulled it down around my hips and there were no love handles! Yay!
It's not all about the inches I've lost. 
But the inches I have lost has made me feel a lot better about myself. 
My new year's resolution was to improve my self image through intuitive eating and self talk.
It's not the easiest thing I've done. By any means.
I still have to go back to the basics of intuitive eating quite often.
But the things I've learned about my body, what food does to and for me, and how I feel when I eat, I could never not intuitively eat. It's a wonderful feeling to feel like I'm in control of myself.
I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment