Okay, soooo I think I have something worth telling ya'll about. I recently (when I say recently I mean like 2 days ago) antiqued a dresser of mine. Boy what a ride.
It all started when my roommates all decided to go on a "room improvement" binge. One of them decided to go buy a new bookshelf, buy new bedding, paint her wall a different color, and then antique her TV stand. Then another one decided to follow in her footsteps by getting new bedding, making a super cute magnet board, painting her stuff purple to match her room scheme.
So by that time I was getting a little room envy. Since I can't really re-arrange my room (due to severe lack of space) and I cant' really decorate because my walls are full with stuff I can't bare to part with, painting something I can't bare to part with was clearly my only option.
In consulting with my interior decorator (A.K.A. Carissa), we decided that antiquing my rather aged and beat up dresser would be the best option. So I did. Sanded the stain off of it, painted it in the coolest color of red, sanded it again and stained it with black stain. Man, does it look good!
I wish I would have taken a picture of the before so you could see what it looked like, buuuuut here's the final piece. (:
It all started when my roommates all decided to go on a "room improvement" binge. One of them decided to go buy a new bookshelf, buy new bedding, paint her wall a different color, and then antique her TV stand. Then another one decided to follow in her footsteps by getting new bedding, making a super cute magnet board, painting her stuff purple to match her room scheme.
So by that time I was getting a little room envy. Since I can't really re-arrange my room (due to severe lack of space) and I cant' really decorate because my walls are full with stuff I can't bare to part with, painting something I can't bare to part with was clearly my only option.
In consulting with my interior decorator (A.K.A. Carissa), we decided that antiquing my rather aged and beat up dresser would be the best option. So I did. Sanded the stain off of it, painted it in the coolest color of red, sanded it again and stained it with black stain. Man, does it look good!
I wish I would have taken a picture of the before so you could see what it looked like, buuuuut here's the final piece. (:

Since this was so much fun, I decided (along with the help of Kyle's mom) that this might not be a bad idea to make a little dough on the side. I think I've got a knack for it. (I'd like to think I did a pretty good job on this one, especially since it was my first time and all.) So, the game plan is to keep on keeping on when I've got free time (yeah, right) and make a little money on the side by selling it!
Today we went to DI and looked at some old, beat up furniture and found to diamond-in-the-ruffs. The first one is another dresser that needs some mega help.The other, a little teeny TV stand.
THEN we found some shelves. Like little ones that you can put on the wall, yeah.
So yeah, we've got some good ideas brewing (me and Kyle's mom) and we're gonna try it out and see what happens. We might be the coolest thing to hit Lindon (again :p) or we might be stuck with a whole bunch of faux- antiqued furniture. We'll see.
Today we went to DI and looked at some old, beat up furniture and found to diamond-in-the-ruffs. The first one is another dresser that needs some mega help.The other, a little teeny TV stand.
THEN we found some shelves. Like little ones that you can put on the wall, yeah.
So yeah, we've got some good ideas brewing (me and Kyle's mom) and we're gonna try it out and see what happens. We might be the coolest thing to hit Lindon (again :p) or we might be stuck with a whole bunch of faux- antiqued furniture. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment